Animal Keeping Notification

Whenever you’re planning to take care of animals other than most common pets (such as cats and dogs), you have to register as a keeper or animals and state where you intend to keep the animals. However, this requirement does not apply for reindeer.

The following animals and livestock must be registered:

  • bovine animals
  • sheep and goats
  • pigs
  • poultry
  • bees and bumblebees
  • fur animals
  • cameloids
  • deer
  • horses and ponies

Do the following

Please contact the Porvoo rural administration department and ask for the forms. Once completed, send the forms to the Porvoo Environmental Health Office.

To whom and on what terms

Keeping other than most common pet animals and reindeer requires registration. Registration is necessary even when the animals are kept for other than commercial reasons. Thus, for example so-called summer chickens also have to be registered. Registration as an animal keeper is obligatory regardless of the amount of the animals kept.